Meguiar's Ultimate Compound And Polish Set
Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound is the ultimate paint cleaner for removing below surface defects such as light to moderate oxidation, scratches, water spots and stains. With Meguiar’s exclusive micro-abrasive technology it cuts quickly for permanent defect removal, restores color and clarity, and won’t haze or mar like a traditional compound. This clear coat safe compound also dramatically reduces the time and effort to restore paint while obtaining results that surpass the performance of both conventional rubbing and polishing compounds. Ultimate Compound quickly and easily removes paint defects while maximizing shine and gloss to get your paint ready for wax protection.
1. Always work on a cool surface and in the shade.
2. Always apply your compound thin and evenly. If too much compound is applied polishing oils can build-up making it streak and smear when removing.
3. Work a small amount of compound into the paint using moderate pressure and a soft foam applicator like Meguiar’s Foam Applicator Pads. Work in a 1-2 square foot area in a circular pattern, making 4-6 overlapping passes per section. Wipe the residue off before it dries with a clean premium microfiber towel like Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels. Flip your towel to a clean side for a final wipe.
4. Work Ultimate Compound in with slight friction. Compounds need a bit of friction to activate the micro-abrasive and remove defects. If it’s just simply wiped on and wiped off like a wax, it won’t work properly to remove the defect.
Sometimes you need to repeat. Work a compound in with light to moderate pressure for 1-2 minutes and wipe it off before it dries. If it doesn’t remove the defect, repeat this multiple times. Each time you re-apply this should lessen the defect more.
Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
* Apply Meguiars Ultimate Polish using a clean, soft applicator pad to one section at a time using moderate pressure.
* Wipe dry with a soft microfiber towel.
* Turn the towel and buff.
* To apply Meguiars Ultimate Polish with a dual action polisher, use a buffing pad to apply to one section at a time.
* Re-apply as needed to stubborn spots.
* Wipe clean with a microfiber towel and then buff.
Meguiar's Applicator Pad (2pcs)